How to Use
- Remove excess snow if more than 5 cm (2 in.) thick.
- Apply at a rate of 50 to 100 g per m2 (¼ to½ cup per square yard).
- Do not overapply.
- Apply evenly and avoid piling.
- Remove melting snow and ice as soon as melting action has loosened ice.
- Reapply to heavy areas of ice.
- Alaskan Pet Friendly Ice Melter is recommended for use on good quality, air-entrained concrete for cold weather climates as specified by the Portland Cement Association.
- Melting snow and ice increase the frequency of the freeze/thaw cycles that can affect all surfaces. Poor quality surfaces may not withstand the stress associated with these cycles.
- Due to irregularities and inconstancies in finish and porosity, the use of ice melter may carry some risk of surface spalling.
- NOTE: The potential for surface damage can be decreased by promptly removing slush as it is formed.
- If you are unsure of the quality of your concrete or the suitability of using an ice melter on your surface, use sand to reduce the risk of slips and falls.
- Keep container tightly closed. Prolonged storage in conditions of high humidity may cause product to clump or liquify.
Alaskan Pet Friendly Ice Melter is not recommended on the following surfaces:
- Concrete that is less than 1 year old
- Concrete with a pattern and/or coloured concrete
- Stone or brick masonry (including flagstone)
- Precast concrete (steps or paving stones)
- Stone or concrete surfaces that are chipped, cracked, spalled or have exposed aggregate
- Wooden surfaces such as decks
- Roofs or gutters
Code: 8 40380 0
UPC: 0 56899 403804