Everyone knows our Canadian winters are particularly harsh. For our safety and that of our family, it is highly recommended to use a de-icing product. Whether it's for sidewalks, pathways or parking areas, you'll need some to survive the colder season.
The use of de-icing salt can have a negative effect on our furry friends. They can be toxic if ingested or they can irritate or even burn their paws. When you choose your de-icer this winter, it is essential to choose one that is pet-friendly.
We recommend using a salt-free product. A urea- and zeolite-based product will be safe for your animal when used as directed. Zeolite is a natural volcanic rock.
Here are a few tips on how to use your Alaskan pet-friendly de-icer:
- Read the label instructions carefully before using the product.
- For the product to be fully effective, remove all excess snow before use.
- Remove the melting snow and ice as soon as the melting effect has weakened the ice.
- Do not apply excessive quantities.
- Apply evenly and avoid accumulations.
Your pet will thank you for making that choice!