Make shoveling easier with Alaskan® Ice Preventer. It prevents ice from forming on concrete, steps, sidewalks and driveways. You can apply up to 48 hours before a snow storm. This product is effective to temperatures as low as -31 °C.
Size and benefits
- 4 liters
- Cuts through ice and snow in minutes.
- Coverage: 800 sq. ft.
- Gentle on concrete when used as directed. See HOW TO USE tab.
How to use
How to use Alaskan Liquid Ice Preventer
How to apply
- Remove outer cap and retain for storage of unused product.
- Tip bottle to apply directly to surfaces.
- Works just like a watering can!
- Apply to sidewalks, steps, driveways and other traffic areas to prevent the bonding of snow and ice to surfaces.
- If bottle has been stored on side, sit bottle upright for a minute to allow liquid to drain back into bottle.
Apply Alaskan® Ice Preventer 48 hours prior to a snowfall (1-2 hours before will give optimal results). This product should be applied periodically after the walkways have been cleared to prevent re-freezing.
Shovel first. Apply Alaskan® Ice Preventer to melt thin layers of ice or snow. This liquid is ineffective at melting thick layers of snow and ice.
Avoid excessive applications around vegetation or in areas where run-off flows onto grass or near trees, shrubs or gardens.
Alaskan® Ice Preventer has a specially formulated anti-corrosion and anti-spalling agent that will not harm good quality, air-entrained concrete designed for cold weather climates. The cycle of freezing and thawing that affects all surfaces is accelerated by melting snow and ice.
The potential for surface damage associated with this cycle can be decreased by sealing surfaces or by removing slush (melted ice/snow). This is highly recommended for vulnerable surfaces such as masonry (stone or brick), wood, or concrete that is pre-cast, chipped, cracked, spalled, weathered, has exposed aggregate or is less than one year old.
- Risk of frost bite if cold product touches bare skin.
- To help prevent the risk of slipping, wipe shoes/boots on a mat prior to walking on a potentially slippery surface.
- Do not let product come into contact with leather.
Due to irregularities and inconsistencies in any concrete, seller makes no warranty, expressed or implied, concerning the use of this product. User then assumes all risk of loss or damage arising from use, handling, or the effects thereof. Manufacturer and seller can accept no responsibility for injury to persons or animals or for loss or damage to concrete, plants, soil or other property resulting from use of this product.
May irritate eyes and skin. Do not get in eyes or on skin or clothing. Keep out of reach of children.
First aid treatment
Contains calcium chloride, magnesium chloride, urea, sodium chloride and potassium chloride. If swallowed, call a Poison Control Centre or doctor immediately. Do not induce vomiting. If in eyes, rinse with water for 20 minutes. Remove contact lenses if present. Hold eyelids open during rinsing. If on skin, rinse well with water. If eye or skin irritation persists, seek medical attention.
Effective to -31 °C
Cuts through ice and snow in minutes
Apply up to 48 hours before a snow storm
Prevents ice from forming
On concrete, steps, sidewalks and driveways.