How to Use Alaskan® Premium Ice Melter Refill Bag?
Alaskan® Premium Ice Melter Bag will help you prevent slips and fall. Fast-acting and long lasting, it is effective to -31 °C. Available in refill bag size of 4.5 kg, perfect to refill your Alaskan jug!
Alaskan® is Canada's best ice melter brand*.
*Compared to other de-icing products at temperatures of -10 °C and colder, Alaskan Premium melted more ice per hour.
How to use
How to use Alaskan Premium Ice Melter Refill Bag
- Remove excess snow if more than 5 cm (2 in.) thick.
- Apply Alaskan® Premium Ice Melter using a push type or hand-held spreader.
- Apply Alaskan® Premium Ice Melter at a recommended rate of 50 to 100 g per m² (¼ to ½ cup per square yard).
- Do not overapply. Apply evenly and avoid piling.
- Remove melting snow and ice as soon as melting action has loosened ice.
- Reapply to heavy areas of ice.
- Do not pile melting snow and ice containing ice melter in one location where the accumulation will run off on grass or near trees.
When to use
Dry Powdery Snow: Can be shoveled or swept and may not require the use of Alaskan® Premium Ice Melter.
Sleet/Freezing Rain: Apply early to prevent ice buildup.
Wet/Heavy Snow: Apply as soon as wet/heavy snow begins falling to prevent it from bonding. When more than 5 cm (2 in.) accumulates, shovel excess snow and slush away before reapplying Alaskan® Ice Melter.
Large Accumulations of Snow: Anytime the snowfall amounts to more than 5 cm (2 in.), plow or shovel first. Then use Alaskan® Ice Melter to melt the stubborn layer of ice or hard packed snow that remains.
- Alaskan® Premium Ice Melter is recommended for use on good quality, air-entrained concrete for cold weather climates as specified by the Portland Cement Association.
- Melting snow and ice increases the frequency of the freeze/thaw cycles that can affect all surfaces. Poor quality surfaces may not withstand the stress associated with these cycles.
- Due to irregularities and inconstancies in finish and porosity, use of ice melter may carry some risk of surface spalling.
- Use of Alaskan® Premium Ice Melter is done at the user’s own risk.
- The potential for surface damage can be decreased by promptly removing slush as it is formed.
- If you are unsure of the quality of your concrete or the suitability of using an ice melter on your surface, use sand to reduce the risk of slips and falls.
Alaskan® Premium Ice Melter is not recommended on the following surfaces:
- Concrete that is less than 1 year old
- Patterned, stamped and/or coloured concrete
- Stone or brick masonry (including flagstone)
- Precast concrete (steps or paving stones)
- Stone or concrete surfaces that are chipped, cracked, spalled or have exposed aggregate
- Wooden surfaces such as decks
- Roofs or gutters
May irritate eyes and skin. May be harmful if swallowed. Do not get in eyes. Do not get on skin or clothing. Avoid breathing dust. Avoid contact with wet skin. Keep out of reach of children.
Contains calcium chloride, sodium chloride and urea. If swallowed, call a Poison Control Centre or doctor immediately. Do not induce vomiting. If in eyes, rinse with water for 20 minutes. Remove contact lenses if present. Hold eyelids open during rinsing. If on skin, rinse well with water. If eye or skin irritation persists, seek medical attention.