How to apply Alaskan ice melter
Winters can be particularly rough in Canada, and that's why you need to be well equipped. If you’re looking for optimal performance and safety, it's essential to apply a superior quality ice melter on your steps, in your driveway and on sidewalks.
You may think applying ice melter is a simple thing, and you're right. However, to optimize results, you need to apply it the right way. Here are our tips:
- First, always remove as much snow as possible using a shovel or snowblower, especially if the accumulation is more than 5 cm (2 in) thick. This way, the product will act directly on the frozen surface.
- Apply Alaskan Premium Ice Melter uniformly using our spreader jug.
- Make sure the rate is 50 to 100 g (1/4 to 1/2 cup) per m2. Our TrueBlue™ marker is now even more visible, which makes it easier to see where the product has been applied. This also prevents excessive applications.
- When you can see the product has worked, remove the melting ice/snow as soon as the bond with the surface is broken. Also, avoid piling melting snow/ice containing ice melter on lawns or near trees, shrubs and gardens.
- Reapply as needed where there are stubborn layers of ice.
Did you know you can apply Alaskan Premium Ice Melter in advance to prevent ice build-ups? You can also use Alaskan Liquid Ice Melter to keep the ice from forming on concrete.
Before using the product, don't forget to read the label carefully or to have a look at the "Precautions for concrete" section on the product card.